Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trying so hard.

Saving money or trying not to spend so much money. With Christmas around the corner and with my children just flat out wild, we have cut out eating out. Well let me clarify we still do the occasional McDonald's trip, Taco Express breakfast burrito. So what I am really saying is we don't sit in restaurants anymore and make our selves miserable and others too. I have been cooking every night, making lunch and breakfast. Most weekends Michael makes the breakfast. Last weekend we got Logan's to go and only because we had a gift card.
This past weekend Michael and I by ourselves went to Taco Express for breakfast and Costco for lunch. That is spending the big money. It was less then $20 for both meals. So this has taken a lot of strength from me, to cook every night. To think of things to EAT every night. Tonight is Chicken Pot Pie, it is so good and easy to make. Such a mummy thing to eat on a cold wet night. Wednesday night will be a spaghetti with white sauce, I still need a veggie. Monday night was burritos with turkey meat.

But one of the big reasons for not going out to eat anymore are the kids. They are rude and wild and don't eat half the food I pay for most times. Chloe screams with JOY a lot and she does not care that we are eating in a public place. So if I do break down and have to eat out we now go to loud places that are cheap too. Togo is becoming a good friend of mine, pizza delivery is always a good fall back.
So it has been working out for us so far. I can control better what the kids eat, cheaper in the long run and I am not stressed out in public trying to hurry up and eat. I can be stressed out at home for free, well at least much less.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment