Thursday, November 18, 2010

The stew is stewing.







Okay so I can never figure out how to load the pictures in the order I want them!!!!

So they are backwards.

Here is my recipe for Stew. Really it is my grandma's who died. My aunt Tricia taught it to me just about 2 years ago. It is so yummy I always remember eat this and chicken legs she made. I know mom NOT the green stuff.

So the recipe is all in my head nothing written down tell now.
Really I guess I tweak parts of it every time because I add what I have when it comes to veggies. Some times it turns into more vegetable soup with meat then a stew.

-I use a dutch oven I got at super buys. Its blue and cute and I love it.
-I put Olive oil and minced garlic and cook. ( I use jar garlic because I am lazy.)
-Then I add the "stew meat" I got to Kroger and buy "stew meat" about a pound of it.
-Cut the meat smaller if needed
-brown the meat add three beef bullion cubes I love that stuff
-keep browning the meat add onion I cut the onion big to pick it out because my family does not like onion but I like the "flavor."
-the more you brown the onion the softer more tender the meat is
-you can add some Worcester sauce also a few sprinkles, some salt and peeper
-start adding your veggies that are cut up.
-celery I do two stalks
-carrots, I do three good size carrots wash them not peeled
(I read some place it is better not to peel carrots, I think they taste bitter but you can't tell after they are cooked.)
-potato's you can leave the skin on or take it off
-I added to night green beans I had some left over that were going to go bad soon.
-added some tomatoes that were going to go bad soon too.
-I have added but did not have tonight zucchini, mushrooms (fresh) not canned. Nothing Canned please. Otherwise it is not my recipe you are making!!!
-ohh there is a rant and then one thing canned a can small can of tomato paste. I rinse in water.
-add water to cover all veggies and let simmer. Covered.
-I cook on low for about 3 hours.
-makes the meat really soft.
Other ideas are no potatoes and do your stew over mashed potatoes. That is good too.
Enjoy!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment