Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

So this is a easy recipe for Chicken Pot Pie, it so yummy and is not all that bad for you compared to frozen store bought chicken pot pies. You can salt to taste and I do use a salted butter. But you can adjust.

-2 1/2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey (good for left over turkey)
I usually might buy a whole cooked chicken on night and a couple of nights later use the rest of the chicken for pot pie.
-1 10oz package of frozen veggies, I just use corn and peas if I have fresh carrots I will add some. I might use a mixture of two cups of veggies.
-1/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of onion, I skip it because no one besides me likes onion in my family.
(taste fine with out.)
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
-2/3c of milk
-Pie crust, I buy the already done ones that are frozen.


Rinse and thaw veggies
Heat Butter until melted, stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper
Cook and stir until bubbly, then remove from heat.
Stir in broth and milk off heat.
Then heat tell a boil for 1 minute stir in chicken and veggies.
-Now this makes a lot you could almost do two pies.
-Heat oven to 425, pour in mixture cook until golden brown, about 35 mins.

My girls love this all three of them!!! Michael and I do too. We can eat a whole pie now we will soon have to start making two pies for dinner. This is a great meal to take to a family.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment