Saturday, November 20, 2010

Emily, WOW, MOM


Here is a picture taken by Jenny, the famous one over the summer. But it is cute one of my biggest girl.

this goes along with time...

Spending the whole day with Emily have learned some new things about her. Besides that she is too big for dress up and dolls. (American Girl Dolls still okay.) She can now spell "mom" and "wow." I am impressed to say the least. I feel already that Emily's subjects will be writing, reading and art. Math not so much. She already does not like writing numbers but I think she still gets confused because some numbers are written back wards. (kind of.)

Tonight at dinner she said to me "I can name the oceans, can you?" I replied with "umm, I don't know why don't you say them first?" Okay so having a Kindergartner and I am already feeling stupid. We tried naming some of them, she does not remember all yet.

But she did tell me while we were trying " momma the Artic is sadly forgotten." I laughed but really is the Artic forgotten? Isn't what all this "global warming" hoop-lah is about? The ice caps melting or something?? Any way I won't get started on that subject. Emily then mentioned Australia. She says "they are learning all about the world, right now."

So I always write the funny things that Ashley says but today I had to talk about Emily. This is a time when I am thankful Chloe does not speak yet. Who knows what she will say?
So again I am thankful for the glimpse into my growing up, big girl Emily. She is becoming a young woman. We are working on our manners right now, but we could all use help in that area now and again.

BATH TIME, and nail clipping. I know you are soooo jealous of my life.
P.S. she also told me that a bunch of her clothes she would not wear anymore. Don't worry mom none of the new ones you just bought.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment