Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trying some different things

So I tried another Nicole recipe, this time for Salmon. Chloe, Ashley and I loved it!!! Michael has not eaten yet and Emily well, I will work on her I was kind of surprised she did not like it.
Another different thing I tried was seeing how Chloe did with only one nap!! From the pictures I am sure you can see it did not fare well. She threw herself on the floor. I don't think it helps that I am snapping pictures as she does it.
I love this cranky face. Chloe got another hair cut today it is her 2nd professional one and her third if you count dad cutting off the duck tail early on. My kids are gifted in the early hair development like me. Chloe's hair is a piece of work...too straight to do anything with so it goes up in a water spout most days so she can see.
On to better things. Emily is on Fall break, I never had fall break. It is only two days and it has been nice to have her home. Yesterday the big girls spent 7 hours at Cindy's house. Emily I think soaked up the grandma time. It was nice for me Chloe and I napped and rested since I was recovering from gut puking and a dentist appointment for a cavity.
Today Ashley had dance class, went to the car wash after, hair cut and Publix. It was a nice morning the girls played watched tv. Chloe took about a two hour nap we went to Kedron park this afternoon. Emily rode her bike around the whole "track." She did really good. We are blessed to live on a cul-de-sac but it is not flat and sometimes hard for Emily to get going on her bike. I got a little exercise, it was nice something different and FREE!!!
On to dinner it was good, thank you Nicole. I love her meals easy, yummy and good for you. Such a good mommy and wife!! (friend too.)

So we (Nicole and I) buy Costco salmon individual wrapped and frozen. Or fresh from store.
Defrost, I did over night.
Tin foil sheets to wrap salon in grease tin foil with Olive oil. (best part no skin on Costco kind)
Season salmon with sea salt and pepper to taste or a seafood seasoning of your choice.
(I did a kroger brand seafood rub.)
Add sliced lemon I used 1 lemon on two pieces.
Slice some onion for flavor, I also added garlic minced.
wrap in foil leave room for steam to come out of fish.
Ohhh oven at 325 cook for about 25 mins or so check the fish to make sure it is cooked proper.
Nicole said check both pieces because sometimes one cooks faster then other.
Okay so best part is in the oven it did not make my house smell BAD.
So it was yummy and good for us too. Needless to say Chloe was happier after dinner. But very sleepy.

Photobucket src="http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy168/ScrapberryDesigns/bl009/signature.png">

No comments:

Post a Comment