Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Throwing in the towel



This week I have thrown in the towel,when it comes to dinners. It is only Wednesday but it is our first week of only having ballet at night and I must say I am enjoying it. I have made easy dinners that I know the kids will eat, not always that good for you but I am so tired of fighting with my kids, I will start fighting with them again next week.

Monday night I made chicken noodle soup which is not bad for them. Carrots, celery, and organic chicken broth. They ate it I made potsickers also for Michael and I the kids ate a few there is cabbage in those.
Tuesday night I made taco soup for me!! I love to eat I cook for me no one else you eat it great other wise starve!!! (that was mean but that is how I often feel.) Taco soup pictured above, it was good. I beinging a Mexican was reluctant to make something called "taco soup." It is not "Mexican." Chloe, Michael and I enjoyed it. I did not even offer any to the "other girls." Why bother they would say "no." Michael even said the "taco soup" was better then my chili.
So here is what I did for taco soup. Ohh the "other girls" they had nacho's chips with cheese and sour creme. ( I did not make them starve.)

I did 1 lb of ground beef (it says 2 lbs I was going to add ground turkey but it did not defrost fast enough.) I thought it was plenty of meat.

1 can of "ranch style beans" black can at Kroger they are pinto beans really. Also to add some water more soup like I rinsed the can of beans with water and dumbed in pot about half a can of water.
2 cans of tomato's I did one of Rotel you know with some spice.
1 packet of taco season
1 packet of ranch season
1 can of corn I drained the corn.
1 onion
Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste

Brown meat with onions. Add everything and simmer for 1 hour
I really enjoyed it.

Wednesday night is ballet at 5:30 I have to feed the kids before we leave. Quesadillas for the girls I had left over taco soup.
Will see what Thursday brings I am think spaghetti that is never a fight.
I am enjoying a week of not fighting with the kids at dinner. Next week will be back to moans and groans at dinner.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Taco Soup and often make it instead of chili as well!! It looks yummy....I may just have to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete