Monday, July 25, 2011

My big girl is SIX!

I can't believe Emily is six! It feels like just a year or two, not yesterday that I had her. That I was a new mommy who did not believe in pacifiers until on the 1st full night in the hospital and Emily would not stop crying. I had to go pee, and she was screaming her head off, Michael was asleep on the couch thing. A nurse came in to check on us, I am sure to make sure I was not killing her and Michael rolled over to the other side and slept more while the nurse tried to help me. I looked at her and said "do you have a pacifier?"

Well six years later I still can't get her to be quite! Emily loves to talk, loves to sign. She is passionate in everything she does and sometimes gets overwhelmed and that leads to crying and fits. She like to dance in her own way, she loves to boss her sisters around. She loves, loves, loves art. There are not many things besides art she likes.

After her birthday party, Emily said "wow I sure did get a lot of art stuff." I replied with "well there is not much else you do like..." She said "I like food, and friends." I asked her "would you like people to give you food, for your birthday?"

Emily loves to eat, California rolls, octopus legs, mussels, steak, soup and lots of fruit. She would eat all day if I would let her. She is still and skinny as a pole which makes finding bottoms a bit hard right now.

Emily loves yellow most of all right now and purple next. She likes pink too and other colors. Emily for the past 5 days has been really good, agreeable, kind and a good listener. Six has been a good age so far. Even when she cries I can get her to calm down much easier too. But maybe after six years I am finally figuring out how to deal with her.

Emily has a hart for Jesus and others. She is worried about others. It may not be for the right reasons but she has a servants hart.

I am so proud of Emily and how far she has come this past year and summer with her school work and reading. We are working on writing thank you notes. She is doing all the work! I keep telling everyone summer time is to remind parents who do not want to home school, why they don't want to home school.



Emily is growing up in so many ways. She still loves to sleep with her sister in her big bed every night we are going to have to break them of it before school starts. It won't be fun to do.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment