Saturday, June 4, 2011

Re-living my Youth (part 3)












As you can see it was an action packed week we are only on our first full day of vacation. We went to Griffith park, one of my favorite places to go when I was a kid. My grandparents often took me here. We rode the trains and the ponies. The girls all really like riding the train.

My grandpa will be 87 in July but he thinks he is too young to be a great grandpa or something so he is not very connected to the girls. He refuses to come out to Tennessee. So I thought coming out to Griffith park would be just the ticket to get him into being a great grandpa. It worked like magic he had fun, enjoyed being with the girls.

The ponies were too funny. They strap these kids in and slap the horse on the but and send the kids flying around this half circle. Ashley was bouncing all over the place I could not help but laugh. She went too fast for me to get a picture. The same happened to Emily so both pics of both girls is at the end of their ride. The girls were not all that impressed, since they do have horses to ride at grandpa's. We tried to get Chloe on but she is a big scared cat so she could not would not do it. We did the wagon ride with the girls pulled by the two smallest mule's I have ever seen. I would know I have been to Mule day. My grandma rode that with us.
I love the effort she makes with the girls she is getting old her knees hurt. So she rode the wagon with the girls. They also got her to ride the train the second time even though I think she was a bit nervous about riding it.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment