Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dinner




So we are back and I am trying to get back into the goove of things with all three girls home. I made dinner tonight, I made dinner every night we have been home but tonight was the first real dinner. I made pork chop, nothing special I do the Hienz 57 sauce with garlic salt. I baked sweet potato french fries when they were almost done, crispy I added sea salt. I served with ketcup just for the fact that I was hoping my kids would eat them. I also made green beans with bacon, garlic salt, and brown sugar. I know goes against everything to add sugar to food. But I wanted to try it.

So here is how it all faired. Emily who eats everything like the pork chop ate two of them. Did not like the sweet potato fries or the green beans but she did try them. She ate a few of the green beans.

Ashley I have to force her to eat everything, all the time. But she did eat the pork chop, green beans she ate a few of, and sweet potatoes she thought were okay but did not want anymore typical Ashley.

Chloe went straight for the fries ate them all and refused everything else. Little does she know they are a veggie. Haha jokes on her.

Making the green beans Jenny's neighbor told me how to do it. I tossed a bunch of green beans in a cassarole dish added cut up bacon I cut off a lot of the white fat part. Sprinkled with garlic salt then, brown sugar. I let them bake at 375 for about 20 minutes stired and turned up the heat to 475 for the fries and baked the green beans for a bit longer like maybe 10 minutes. I thought they turned out good. Will see what happens when Michael gets home. Enjoy.

I will blog about our trip soon. Yes I used paper plates, still cleaning from the trip.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment