Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Is it just me?






So Emily's recital was this past weekend. It went really well, she did pretty good...you know as good as a uncoordinated 5 year old can be. She knows she is not that good, it breaks my heart but she tries and that is what is important.

Anyway back to my thoughts. So I am battling that my little girl is growing up, she does not need me as much as I think she does. But I guess I still need her? The ballet show they needed a ballet mom, for each group I thought about being it BUT my other girls need me too. I do too much as it is, but helping girls I don't know plus Emily might be too much. I don't help, it turned out really good, Emily never cried. In fact she seemed to have had a lot of fun and not notice that she had been back stage for over two hours with out seeing her momma or dad. She made Nana, momma and grandma bracelets back stage. So I was really proud of Emily she did not need me and I guess I did okay with out her.

But my Ashley, that is a picture of her sitting in the theater getting ready to watch the show. She sat in between Nana and grandma, and next to daddy I was on the far end. But every time that child needed something she yelled for me. I guess it is good she knows she can always count on her momma but really there are two capable women sitting next to you child, ask them. So my thoughts are... am I too over baring or am I doing something right? I would like to think I am doing things right and my kids can count on me. Not that I am there too much and they are not independent enough. Ashley can do a lot of things for her self get her self dressed most mornings, brush her teeth, put her shoes on. She can not brush her hair just because it would never get brushed, and wipe her BUTT. So gross but her arms I guess are still just too short. The stories I could tell but I won't.

I know Chloe still needs me and I really need her. I know this is why some people keep on having babies to be needed. I don't have that problem but I am enjoying still dressing Chloe even if she does have an opinion most days about what she would like to wear. Ugh.

Anyway I don't know if I really got my point across but my kids still need me for the most part and weather they are scared for it or not I like it. No wait I love it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment