Friday, July 2, 2010

Starving for Daddy time

We are going out of town on a mini vacation for 4th of July weekend. It always means when we are going out of town that Michael has to work a crazy amount of hours before we go. So Saturday Michael worked tell 10pm. Sunday off, and then has worked late every day this week but Thursday. Thursday Michael got home at 7 pm, yes I know still late but Emily and Ashley were both still up. So Ashley went outside with Michael and spent time with him while he cleaned up the front yard and mowed the lawn. He hasn't done it in about 6 weeks. The grass is dead it has not grown much. Emily was inside watching a show, she is such a TV head. (so am I, I have gotten better, I know she gets it from me) After about 30 mins Ashley was tired and ready for bed. Michael came inside and Emily got to spend some time with Michael and hear a story by herself. I went to Target ALONE, because when daddy works a lot I am left with 3 children by myself a lot. Chloe woke up she went to bed early but must have known daddy was home and wanted to see him too. So when I got home from Target by myself, it is the small things!! Chloe was up spending some time with daddy. Eating all of his dinner. We have been working with Chloe to teach her the sign for "more." So she does not have to whine so much to get what she wants.

I am NOT complaining about Michael working a lot this past week. (Okay so maybe a little). But I know it is for the greater good, the big picture our mini-vacation. I am also not trying to make Michael feel bad, or guilty. He works hard so I can stay at home with our girls. I am so grateful to Michael he puts up with 4 crazy girls on a daily bases. I can't wait for our weekend away.

4th of July is my favorite holiday and a lot has changed this past year. We would normally have a party in the cul-de-sac, but again a lot has changed. Some for the better. But I will be thinking of the old days a lot this weekend I am sure. It makes me sad, the friendships that have been lost this year. But I am thankful to have my family and my marriage as strong as ever as we depend on each other more.

I pray everyone has a wonderful and SAFE weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment