Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My very first Christmas wreath.

Can I start off by saying Michael hates to hang anything on the door. You know with the those wreath hooks. He says they mess up the door frame. Ugh, what ever... So I have made a ornament wreath this year. For the record I had to make it twice. I use lots of balls, two different sizes. I need to see if I can find very small to fill in some gaps for but for my first wreath and the second attempt I am pretty impressed with my self. I got the idea and steps off Pinterest, but they were not "complete." So here is my attempt.

Okay so lots of hot glue is key. You need to glue the gold tops all around and add some glue in the circle hole as well. This was my mistake the first go around you need to get the balls to cram together and if not properly glued some will start to pop off. Also you need lots and lots of balls. Shatter proof, I got mine at the Essex's store. Really they are Kmart Jacquelynn Smith. (so ghetto.)



Here is my wire hanger. Um hardest part is trying to turn this bad boy circle-esq. (is that a word?) Un wrap the wire at top.
Start stringing. I started off with 6 big balls they added 6 smaller on each side. And really just alternate. Lots of glitter, but there is always lots of glitter in my house for the record.
Here it is done. I still see some gaps but not bad. I need to find some little, little balls and tie them in with some fine tin wire.
I added some tulle to help hide the bare spots. I will let you know where I end up hanging the wreath. Good luck I hope some of you try it out!! As in Nicole and Lea who read my blog maybe my mom might try too. Krissy the girls could make you one. I think I named the four people who read my blog!! Enjoy.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment