Friday, November 18, 2011

I am almost

So I am listening to the radio in the car and they are talking about an accidental drowning of a famous actress in November of 1981, in their words "it was 30 years ago." Ugh, no it wasn't not quite( I think to myself). Ohh yeah I guess it was, I was born a month later December 29th, 1981. Wow I am almost 30. For the most part I am okay about turning 30.

When Michael turned 30 I was dying sick pregnant and in the hospital all day on Michael's 30th birthday. I guess he did not really get time to "dwell" on being 30. We were about to have our 3rd kid. I had the flu, and a tooth ace. So I could not stop throwing up or stay hydrated so I was checked in for the day to monitor and to get fluids. As I was feeling better and the day went on I realized I also had a tooth ace. I could not eat, so they were hesitant about letting me leave. Anyway back to the topic at hand.

I am turning 30 in 40 days. I have time to dwell on this. For the record I am also dwelling on what to get these spoiled kids for Christmas too. Also on my friend moving away. But really um I wish we were doing something fun for this birthday. Going on a trip, something. Sadly I am sure nothing really will happen. Is that sad? I am proud of my 20's I really am. I got married, had three great kids, moved across the country. Bought a home, several cars (that part I wish was not true.) I got a lot of life done in my 20's.

So what is next? In my 30's we will pay off our car. That will be huge. Even before I turn 31!! I will possibly go back to school and graduate and get a real job. All my kids will start school in my 30's. I know my 30's will be a serious of different adventures and I look forward to it. I am feeling a bit old right now. But in all truth I still feel pretty young.

Anyway this post might sound kind of sad, but don't take it that way. Take it as reflective. I really do love the life Michael and I built.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment